• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parachute wanted

Trevor11AC

Registered Users
Reaction score
Looking for a back chute. Possibly a chair. Colud work ive never worn a chair. 5'9" 140lbs.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Biplane Forum mobile app

Taildragger

Reaction score
Pigpenracing posts parachutes for sale here pretty often...

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
Chair parachutes do not work as well as you might think. They fit folks with long torso's, but the rest of us not so much.

Measure your back while sitting. Different rigs are different heights. For best comfort and function, you want the container to sit up on your shoulders, and hopefully all of the way down to the seat. If you put it on and there is space below the container when you sit in the airplane, put a rolled up beach towel there.

What type of aircraft? Many pilots are more comfortable with a wedge style back rig that puts more bulk at the bottom of the container vs the traditional rigs that put bulk up at the top to push your shoulders forward. I hate that in a Pitts.

Sun-N-Fun is next week. If you can not get to the show to try on rigs, you can still get the show price over the phone.

Best of luck,

Wes
Parachute Rigger

Trevor11AC

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thanks Wes, im building a clip wing taylorcraft and building seat now. S wedge would work well I think. I occasionally fly a starduster but I sit on a few cushions in it. I cant make sun n fun. Didnt even think of show prices thanks. Trevor

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Check Barnstormers. My friend just posted one for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

MNForrest

Reaction score
I got a great show price from Softie at SNF - without going to the show. Just called them (via Brett Hunter) on the last day and they shipped it to me.

Trevor11AC

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Latest posts