• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pireps Acroduster 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, two hurdles are over with one more to go. First is finishing the airplane and 2nd is AWC inspection. My inspection went well and N22JM is ready to fly. Next hurdle is the pilot. I applied for insurance and since my Pitts time was 35 years ago I need 2 hours dual w/10 FS's in a Pitts S2. I called Bill Finagin this morning and he had a cancel tomorrow so I will meet him and his S2C @ 1PM in Annapolis, Md. It's sometimes almost unbelievable how things sometimes work out(I know why)......

As many of you know we lost our son in law Shawn Armour a week ago. He was a respected harness horse trainer. Rosecroft Race Track is having a race in his name this Saturday. My sister happens to live in Annapolis so I can spend the nite with her after flying with Bill and then to the track Sat. nite
I was hoping to fly the new airplane on Sat. as it should be a nice day but Marcia wanted one of us to be at the race. While she is the horse person it makes sense for me to go. The airplane can wait.

But then, to the topic of this post, would the owners/pilots of Acroduster 2's please offer any comments they might think would help me transition into my new mount. Stalls/speeds, pattern and approach speed recommendations etc. N22JM is built as a light single place airplane. Empty weight is 912#. It has a 160 hp IO320 with Sen. fixed pitch metal 74DM6-58. Any thought as to what I might expect?

Thanks,

Jack ,

who is looking forward to the S2C tomorrow with the hope that he is up to the task.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back