• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Pitts S1 Flying Wires

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've broken up my Pitts project and have the flying and landing wires left. No clevis' just the wires. $1150.
797D98E7-2095-4B7B-95DC-0C30EA1DB4C2.jpeg

Last edited:

chrislange

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Mark
I would be Interested ! Will write you a message.

Leslie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Mark:
Can you measure the Flying wire length.... the shorter ones
I may have a issue with mine... too long
Thanks
John

Leslie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. were these wires from your pitts project, was the project a S1S built per plans?

Leslie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What airport are you located?
I could fly down, I'm in delaware

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
They were collect from a homebuilt Pitts that I have no information on.
They are to short for stock length. Building from scratch could be made to work with minimal effort.
I'm at KESN.
I've got the wires @ home right now. Probably won't get over to the airport for another couple weeks. Have had to become domestic engineer while wife recovers from surgery.

Latest posts