• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S2B Propeller wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just joined this forum and I am looking for a 2 blade Hartzell propeller for a Pitts S2B. It is a Hartzell HC-C2YR-4CF with FC 8477A-4 blades. I have 4 S2B's that are sponsored by Goodyear Aviation Tires here in South Africa, and one of the Pitts, a 1990 model serial # 5206 has about 150 hrs. remaining on the propeller before it reaches 2000 hrs., which is the life of this propeller model. A new one is a bit out of my reach with the present exchange rate of the South African Rand, so I am looking for one that has less that a 1000 hrs. on it. The Civil Aviation Authority in this country sticks rigidly to all Hartzell bulletins and the propeller had to be overhauled every 6 years or 1000 hrs., and has to be replaced at 2000 hrs.
I saw that many S2B owners are moving to the MT 3 blade propeller, and hopefully there may be a 2 bladed one available for me.
I have been a Pitts owner since 1985, with a S2A, and over the years have moved to the 4 S2B's for the aerobatic team.
I am an airline Captain and an AMP and have been playing with Pitts for the last 39 years. The first S2B I bought through Pompano Air Center in 1990 and ferried it from the factory in Afton WY to Pompano Beach FL.

This is a great site, and I hope to hear from other Pitts owners.

Take care.

Dennis Spence

Attachments

• 20210118_190923000_iOS.jpg
    20210118_190923000_iOS.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back