• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S2B Propeller wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just joined this forum and I am looking for a 2 blade Hartzell propeller for a Pitts S2B. It is a Hartzell HC-C2YR-4CF with FC 8477A-4 blades. I have 4 S2B's that are sponsored by Goodyear Aviation Tires here in South Africa, and one of the Pitts, a 1990 model serial # 5206 has about 150 hrs. remaining on the propeller before it reaches 2000 hrs., which is the life of this propeller model. A new one is a bit out of my reach with the present exchange rate of the South African Rand, so I am looking for one that has less that a 1000 hrs. on it. The Civil Aviation Authority in this country sticks rigidly to all Hartzell bulletins and the propeller had to be overhauled every 6 years or 1000 hrs., and has to be replaced at 2000 hrs.
I saw that many S2B owners are moving to the MT 3 blade propeller, and hopefully there may be a 2 bladed one available for me.
I have been a Pitts owner since 1985, with a S2A, and over the years have moved to the 4 S2B's for the aerobatic team.
I am an airline Captain and an AMP and have been playing with Pitts for the last 39 years. The first S2B I bought through Pompano Air Center in 1990 and ferried it from the factory in Afton WY to Pompano Beach FL.

This is a great site, and I hope to hear from other Pitts owners.

Take care.

Dennis Spence

Attachments

• 20210118_190923000_iOS.jpg
    20210118_190923000_iOS.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back