• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Samson on Barnstormers

inverted25

Reaction score
There is a Samson project on Barnstormers for sale by Mike Wiskus that he bought from Matt Younkin.

inverted25

Reaction score
What do you think about the price. Is 40k right for what's included?

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea but seems a lot of money but could be a steal? So delete my post and nothing is lost.:rolleyes:

(Edit....I had "a pile of parts" in mind also but hesitated to be the first to say that.)

Last edited:

jpr

Figured out how to edit this.
Reaction score
Does seem like a pile of cash for a pile of parts (with no engine, either). I don't have a real solid point of reference for this kind of project - suspect you would be paying more for uniqueness than anything here.

FWIW, sounds like it's the Samson Pitts mentioned here: http://griggsaircraft.com/wolf_projects#samson (highlight the page to show text - it's white-on-white at least for me).

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I know a bit of the history on that "pile of parts" if any prospective buyers here are interested.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do tell Flybipe....

garyg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Inquiring minds would like to know how it went from 20k to 40k.....if it is the same one.

garyg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it since Mikes has wings included
Been so long since I clicked on the barnstormers I forgot about the lower wings.

or wing parts for the upper.

40k sounds better now. I think I had over 35k in the S1-11B about that point....

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Mike's project is not the one I sold back in March.

inverted25

Reaction score
Do plans even exist for a buyer to use to finishing restoring it?

Latest posts