• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Seat pack Parachute wanted

will moffitt

Will moffitt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of ebay and craigslist. Be careful on ebay and ask for details as there has been a lot of them from Europe lately that are old. Mostly fair deals otherwise. Try All of Craigslist that will search nationwide. Being an old retired carpenter I fly on a budget. It took me a while but I found a seatpack softie, 2010 with a fresh repack from the maker, only a few miles from my house, that comfirmed before purchase for me. $500.
The sucker weighs 16 #. It is also like sitting on a rock.

will

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
" It is also like sitting on a rock."

You can fix that by attaching an "astronaut foam" pad between you and the parachute container. Your friendly local parachute rigger should be able to sew one up if Dan T' shop can't just sell you one. No reason to be uncomfortable.

Best of luck,

Wes

Majurpain

Reaction score
Just saw your ad, don't surf this forum often enough. If you still need a seat pack chute, I have one I'd sell. It's older but will sell with a fresh repack if you want. Lambs wool padding. Last packed about a year and a half ago. Kept in a plastic dry box while I've had it. Can get new pics of it today or tomorrow along with details...

Pm or call/text 717-421-7379

-Dave Holmgren

Majurpain

Reaction score
I just don't remember off hand. Might get out to the airport today before the weather comes in. If so, will shoot pics of the chute and the packing data card, then post them here. I also have a spare long softie with a 24' chute (has steering toggles) that I'm thinking about letting go. My Ultimate and I fit better with a wedge than a long softie... So to speak.

Latest posts