• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Nose Bowl (Ideas) Wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbibbey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steen has stopped selling the Firebolt nose bowl. I am not entirely keen on the traditional Comanche bowl. New bowls from Aviat are $3500. Looking for ideas. My prop came with a 14-5/8” spinner, more suited to the fancy cowls seen on some Red Bull Edge-540s. So, is anybody holding on to a Pitts nose bowl with the flat front (no spinner shroud)? I’ve never done fiberglass or carbon fiber and I see all kinds of fancy bowls floating around this place. Aerographic seems to be silent. Bully Aero silent as well (perhaps OSH busy). Side hustle anyone? Willing to pay reasonable amount.

Cheers!!

Latest posts

Back