• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

SNS7 Hiperbipe

Reaction score
Hi members, I am hoping to locate and purchase some plans for the Hiperbipe
any assistance / leads would be ace thanks.
Smithy
Australia
support "at" flitzersportplanes.com.au

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe there were never plans available; it was kit only?

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

I believe John is correct. I wish you could get a set of plans, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

toobuilder

Reaction score
Though I did not build mine, it's my understanding that the fuse sides came tack welded and the wings built save for the lower skins as part of the kit. Most of the critical dimensions were done for you at the factory, so you only needed an "assembly manual" to complete the airplane.

Reaction score
The fuselage sides were the easy part. The "critical" dimensions were left to the builder. The drawings supplied by the Sorrells were pretty good. Great airplane and not a project for someone who shys away from welding and fabrication.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it is evident passion exists for the type which is awesome. I am a qualified Welder and Level II RAA Welder / repairer /maintainer for experimental ships.
The SNS7 is a challenge I am certainly up for, no sweat. I may need to seek out a project and reverse engineer it. Ken Rivers is supposed to have the rights, I contacted the last known place he was at in the USA, they said his been off the radar for many years.
thanks guys.

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Rory Olsen and a partner were the last I knew to have it. I heard they were looking to sell the design but don't know if they succeeded. There was a Yahoo Group for the Hiperbipe and they would certainly know the scuttlebutt.
Good luck
Mark

lanceav8r

Reaction score
i believe I saw the entire company/design up for sale for 25K recently.

toobuilder

Reaction score
Rory Olsen and a partner were the last I knew to have it. I heard they were looking to sell the design but don't know if they succeeded. There was a Yahoo Group for the Hiperbipe and they would certainly know the scuttlebutt.
Good luck
Mark
There still is a yahoo group for the HB. I'm one of the moderators so come on over and I'll get you approved right away.

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Call Mark or John Sorrell. Both are wonderful guys, both are still building and both love to talk Hiperbipe. They have a Hiperbipe project on the shop floor now that is essentially a kit that they have taken to what I'd call not quite the quick build stage. The wings are essentially as they were originally supplied and the fuse has been welded together from the tack welded sides. They are building it up as their final masterpiece but I'd bet the right person could talk them out of it if you were really interested.

I won't post their personal contact info here but I've got it for both if you'd like to call or email them. PM me and I'll send it to you.

toobuilder

Reaction score
I know they were planning a 540 powered "super" Hiperbipe, and had some parts made for it, but I don't know if they sold those parts along with the rest of the rights.

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, I just asked about that project last time I was up there. Yes they did start one, there was a motor mount made and it's now owned by a guy in Texas (I think) who says he's going to build it into an honest to goodness 540 powered Hiperbipe....

toobuilder

Reaction score
To the OP, there are still some unbuilt kits floating around out there. Of the 90 or so produced, I think only about 50 were completed. Might keep your eyes open. Shipping to Oz might be more than the price of the kit though.

Latest posts