• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Someone sell me a canopy!

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Anyone have an s1 canopy? Having some bad luck finding one and would rather not spend the money on one from steen.

I would like to find one that has the whole set up sliders latches and all.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, you live in South Texas.....canopies are for wimps! Just ask Beej :)

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
hahaha. That skybolt would be awesome with a canopy!

The wind keeps blowing on my headset/helmet. I need a canopy

littletootpilot

Registered Users
Reaction score
hey
you dont need a canopy give me a brake it never gets that cold down here. i came from michigan and never had a canopy up there and would fly in the winter. as for the wind nosie they make a bigger muff to go over your mic. to cut down on nosie. i dont have one but i hear it does a good job. i can hear other people but i know they have a hard time hearing me but i have gotten use to it.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
alright alright. The real reason I want a canopy is because Ill feel more like maverick. Im tired of looking like snoopy chasing down the red baron

littletootpilot

Registered Users
Reaction score
nic
check out plane canopies. dave is the owner and i know him personaly. he is a stand up guy and does nice work. i met dave about 10yrs ago when i was building my toot. you wont be disapointed in his work. give him a call.
thanks james

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
I ordered a canopy from planecanopies a couple of weeks ago and then never heard anything again. Never got charged and never got a canopy. I cant get in contact with Dave now after several attempts.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Also had one lined up on barnstormers but while the guy was "finding a box" he sent me an email telling me that he forgot he had sold it a while ago. Guess he just didnt feel like shipping it.

Im having some bad luck with my canopy search

Redfoot

Reaction score
Dave is on this forum as daveS1C might try to PM him.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Heard from Dave today and it looks like I should have one soon from planecanopies!

Dave has been really helpful so far with install photos, advice, and info on the canopy so I am happy that things will work out through him.

Latest posts