• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Spar Tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtail

Reaction score
Hello All:

I'm working on laying out the bottom wing spars for my S1C project. I'm working from Steen Aero Lab Plans. These plans leave a lot to be desired in many areas this one included. The plan for the outboard tip of the lower wing front spar shows a dimension of 1 3/8" high. I know this isn't right. It should be 3/4" high the same as the height of the wing tip bow, just like all the other spar tips. Looking at the plan, it apppears that possibly the top edge of the wing tip bow should line up with the centerline of the spar face. If anyone can confirm this I would be much appreciated. If the top edge of the wing tip bow should aline in a different location I'd appreciate knowing that. If I know where the top edge of the wing tip bow should align on the spar face I can figure the rest of it out.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Latest posts

Back