• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starduster Too parting out

Velox

Reaction score
I have decided to part out my Starduster Too.
It had a 540 on it so I have a great factory engine mount for a 540.
I also have a factory made main fuel tank, wings, tail feathers, rudder fuselage with metal work from firewall to behind rear sear, I Struts covered with very light fiberglass, wheel pants, bubble canopy with operating mechanism, Cleveland wheels and brakes, center section with approx 20 gal tank and all flying wires.
This was a flying airplane so I have everything required for a SD Too.
Charlie Wolff
[email protected]

Last edited:

airplanegeek

Reaction score
post pictures of canopy please. may be interested in that.

tigwelder72

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have decided to part out my Starduster Too.
It had a 540 on it so I have a great factory engine mount for a 540.
I also have a factory made main fuel tank, wings, tail feathers, rudder fuselage with metal work from firewall to behind rear sear, I Struts covered with very light fiberglass, wheel pants, bubble canopy with operating mechanism, Cleveland wheels and brakes, center section with approx 20 gal tank and all flying wires.
This was a flying airplane so I have everything required for a SD Too.
Charlie Wolff
[email protected]
How much do you want for your flying wires. I have been in the market for a set to finish assembling my Starduster Too. I Are they free of nicks and scratches? I have every thing else you have listed to part out. You can send me an e-mail to [email protected]. Let me know how you what to proceed. Send it to: [email protected]

Velox

Reaction score
I only have a couple of photos.
One shows the sliding canopy.

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

Velox

Reaction score
post pictures of canopy please. may be interested in that.
The canopy frame was custom made to fit the standard SD Too turtle deck.
It is not airtight nor was designed to be.
For the faster SDs it is required to keep from getting blasted with air off the top wing.
It comes with the complete locking mechanism, frame and plastic.
It makes a SD look great!

Last edited:

Velox

Reaction score
Still have plenty of parts left.
The fuselage would save someone a ton of time and money.
It was professionally built and was blasted, primed and painted with imron.
The metal work on the fuselage from the bosebowl back behind the rear seat is painted with PPG and for the most part is in great shape. There is a couple of hundred hours plus money in them.

Velox

Reaction score
In addition to the airframe parts, I have some engine parts as well.
I have a really nice Bendix RSA5 Fuel injection Servo, a injection spider and injector lines.
I also have a engine Sump for a 540

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
What a shame to tear apart to sale it for parts. I guess a man has to do what a man has to do.
What would want $ for the whole project biplane. Sure someone would like a
beautiful Starduster Too as a project to restore her to her former glory.
Where is the Starduster Too located?

Last edited:

Velox

Reaction score
What a shame to tear apart to sale it for parts. I guess a man has to do what a man has to do.
I agree that it is a shame to pull such a great airplane apart.
I have offered to practically give it away and all I got was tire kickers.
I have been trying to get it a new owner for a number of years and have hangared it for the past 8 years.
At one time it was the nicest performing Starduster in existence and was just as attractive. It had a high performance IO 540 with a constant speed prop and had aileron spades. It was the fastest roll rate of any SD2 and cruised very close to 140 KN.
I finally gave up because I simply need the space.
The remainder of the parts are for sale and if purchased could easily be put back together and detailed out.
I live in Stuart Florida so I am close to Jacksonville, just drive down I95 for 3 hours.

Last edited:

Velox

Reaction score
Got a price for the fuel injection parts?
The RSA5 is a real nice unit. I will let it go for 975.
I also have a spider I can throw in.
I think it is a Bendix spider but for experimental it doesn't make any difference.
I also have some injector lines, but no extra injectors.
In addition I have a nice elbow that turns the RSA 5 horizontal.
If you need a 540 Sump I have that also

Skywalker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am planning to add a canopy to my recently acquired SD2. If you still have the canopy what is the price please? PM to me if you prefer.
Thanks

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree Dennis. But again I fear it's another reflection on the state of the market.

I may be facing the same thing with my Acroduster 2. (BTW sorry for the thread hijack-sort of?)

I Purchased airplane as a project at what I thought was a fair price a couple years ago. It was a PROJECT. It is now a completed airframe with AWC, registered and 42 hours on the clock. I would think it would be worth somewhat more now-----all you need to do is hang another engine and probably just fly another 5 hours of Phase 1, and good to go......Right?

But I fear that will not be the case? Again there are far more vintage sport biplanes out there than pilots with the ability to fly them(even if they wanted to).

I guess I'll find out. I took her around the pattern today maybe for the last time. Then I got out, sat down and looked at her wishing I had enough money to hang a good engine on her. I simply can't afford to buy what it needs, at least a 180 HP.

Oh well

Jack

Velox

Reaction score
I just got home from my summer home and still have the Starduster
I will sell it complete except for engine, prop and flying wires
This is a great plane for someone that wants to save a great deal of time and money.
If you got it now you could have a winter project and a super flying biplane by springtime.
I need the space as I have other projects.
Make me an offer but be careful, you just may get a Biplane!

Velox

Reaction score
I still have a ton of parts,
Incluing a factory made engine mount fo an IO 540 and a Tory made main fuel tank.
The nosebowl, turtledck and wheelpants are also factory supplied.
Some of the other parts re a aux upper wing tank, Scott 3200 TW, Clev wheels and brakes, wings and I struts as we

As a really nice fuselage.

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please start posting prices as per forum rules. Otherwise, your thread will be deleted. Thanks.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested in the Scott tail wheel, price and pictures please. Dave

Dana

Reaction score
I'm guessing no, but is the nose bowl the same as the Starduster One?

Latest posts