• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

tad's ASII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I have finished the lower wing that was damaged and am in the process of reassembling the plane. Have the wings on and started adjusting the wires but have noticed a problem that was not there before. Leveled and squared the center section first using plumb bobs etc and then attached the wings. Got the top wings leveled and was adjusting the wires when I decided to pull a string line at the rear of the wing from tip to tip. Even though the trailing edges are level as is the leading edge with the center section the trailing edges are not lining up exactly with the string line. The left wing is about 1/4 inch low at the aileron bay and 1/2" at the wing root. Not sure if I have a put a twist in the wing or if I have missed something this time around. I have never used rigging boards, since I do not have a drawing or measurements on making them, but wondered if anyone has a drawing or sketch you could send me. Maybe I am putting a twist in the wing with the flying wires

Latest posts

Back