• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Taking inverted seriously

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saber25

Registered Users
Reaction score
While browsing through the IAC archives, I was looking for anything that might give a clue as to negative G conditioning. A well known IAC judge and competitor in the Mid West by the initials of Ed Bowes mentioned in this article that he prepared for the inverted stuff by watching the news while standing on his head. I contemplated the virtue of that exercise and decided what few marbles are loose in my head would be squeezed out by this maneuver. I thought about purchasing an inversion board so popular some years ago but decided against the cost. They probably go for 20 bucks including boots these days.

While engaged in my girlie man weights workout, I spotted my old weight lifting belt in the corner and it reminded me of a well known aerobatic seat harness so popular these days. It hasn't been required for some twenty years but it sure looked up to the task of supporting my weight from a climbing rope attached to my chin up bar. I knew that bar would eventually come into use again someday.

So here is my system and you are welcome to use it, just don’t tell Ed about it.
Cheers, Hans

1zz5dhg.jpg

Latest posts

Back