• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Unfinished Starduster for Sale ($20,000)

HiobShared

Reaction score
Starduster Too (aka Starduster Two or Starduster II) ($20,000) WW II pilot’s long term hobby project, can’t finish at age 95. Painted white. Radial engine Cont. 670-23 overhauled, CS prop, new cylinder assemblies. Everything needed to complete including instruments, radio, electrical. tools, alternator, electric starter, hardware. The airframe was assembled and rigged before cover. Located in Southern New Hampshire near Nashua.

Direct questions to: [email protected]

Video and photos: click here for link to Google Drive

Last edited:

jpr

Figured out how to edit this.
Reaction score
Broken Google linky. I think the "..." is probably not supposed to be there, but removing it doesn't help.

jpr

Figured out how to edit this.
Reaction score
The video's an interesting watch. Guy looks pretty darn good for 95.

Claims the engine came out of a Cessna 150 since the owner upgraded it... now that is a bird I'd like to see! ;) I assume he really means a 190 or 195 if it's really a radial engine.

I'm not in the market for a full project right now, but if the buyer would like to unload the tools for the asking $2k, color me interested!

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That IS a deal! What a great guy...

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Claims the engine came out of a Cessna 150 since the owner upgraded it... now that is a bird I'd like to see! ;) I assume he really means a 190 or 195 if it's really a radial engine.
The 190's had the Continental 670-23 (240 hp).

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not an engine price expert but if that 670 was preserved well I suspect it's worth a good hunk of the price?

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well the -23 was the best of the W-670s Continental, as not only the HP increase to 240, but also had provisions for the Constant speed prop as well as roller crank shaft bearings, all great for applications like this. I would be interested in the gear and truss? Most round power Stardusters if built from the start to have the big Continental radial incorporated a stronger beefier taller landing gear as well as bungee truss? And yes this would be a good buy if one had to have a round power Starduster, but they still have their issues. Dave

Last edited:

HiobShared

Reaction score
For now I'm looking to sell everything as a lot -- but please send me an email if you might be interested in parts of the lot -- [email protected]. I'll keep everything on file.

The engine has zero time since being overhauled -- it's correct to guess that most of the $20,000 is for the engine. Have way more into this project than expecting to get out...

Also-- owner's grandchild is the one managing the thread-- and I don't know much about planes -- so please excuse me for not being able to contribute much. Happy to ask the owner any questions though!

Last edited:

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were to buy a similar Continental 670-23 engine from Radial Engines LTD it'd cost $38,000.00

HiobShared

Reaction score
Just updating everyone -- this Starduster project (incl. tools) sold for asking in March. It found a perfect home down south with an experienced pilot.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, hope he joins this forum. I'm sure we would like to follow his progress.

Latest posts