• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Vintage clone Pitts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebiplane

Reaction score
Hey guys
Been working on all the little things and getting started on the Pitts etc. While working on it last night I started wondering what a Pitts would look like if I tried to make it look like a vintage Waco. I'm so incredibly far away from that point in the project but I couldn't help but wonder.
Has anyone done this? Pitts are usually all one color but I wonder if it would look good in dark green with silver wings or dark blue and cream wings with a wrap around cream stripe on the tail feathers. A vintage windshield like on a Stearman or Waco would help but what about the engine cowl? Not sure If I could make that look vintage because I want to stick with a Lycoming.
The landing gear could get a little treatment and look pretty good as well.
I know the Starduster one has been dolled out to look vintage. I think I once saw a photo of one that was silver with yellow wing that looked pretty good.
Any thoughts? A pitts has a pretty unique look so it might look pretty bad.
Mike

Latest posts

Back