• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Hangar space in Pensacola FL & San Antonio TX areas

Glas467

Reaction score
Biplane Community,

Looking for permanent hangar space in the Pensacola FL area, happy to share space, rent an individual T-hangar, or space in a community hangar. Anyone have recommendations in this area?

Also looking for temp (3 months) hangar space in the San Antonio TX area starting the last week of April through last week of July.

Any help or recommendation greatly appreciated!

Reggie

dcrogers11

Reaction score
There's hangar space in Pleasanton, about 30 mi south of San Antonio. $250/month.

PM me and I can send you contact info.
Regards,
Don

Glas467

Reaction score
Thank you for all the suggestions, emails, and PMs ... looks like I have found space in Pensacola at the Milton, FL airport.

I have not decided for sure yet if I'm going to take the plane to San Antonio or not, Stinson wants $350/mo for a community hangar ... I was hoping closer to the $200 or so range. Pleasanton TX look like a nice airport but it's over an hour drive from where I'll be staying.

E70, Huber Airpark in Seguin TX is less than 30 minutes ... anyone have any knowledge of this airport?

Reggie

Last edited:

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of plane? I'm at Zuehl. Might be something out the temporarily.

Glas467

Reaction score
The plane is a Glasair ... Not really a grass strip plane, but if the turf is in good conditon and a nice smooth runway, it could work.

navybipe

Reaction score
I used to live at Kestrel Airpark (intersection of hwy 281 and hwy 46). interesting runway but would be no problem for Glasair. sometimes hangar space is available.....just go out on a weekend and ask around/let it be known you are looking. there are rental hangars and hangar/homes. I know some people in the latter who might have some room for you. pm me if you want to go that route.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I used to keep a Champ, 195 and RV-4 at Kestrel. Great little airport but relatively narrow runway seldom aligned with the wind. Google it
And you might find a number for Casey the manager. If you end up coming to SAT let me know. I'll swap you a ride in my Skybolt for one In Your Glasair. Always been intrigued with them.

ozief16

Reaction score
Glas467

I lived on elm creek airpark (Seguin) for 3 years with my Glasair (IIS-RG) and flew it into all of the places you've mentioned. Mine did great out of the 2k' of rolling grass (long wings, with fuel). If you're still struggling to find a spot and are interested in Elm Creek let me know and I'll call some contacts out there

Dave
210-319-8123

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

Latest posts