• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Winter Is Coming!!

SONICH5

Reaction score
With Cold Days ahead now is the time to get your Exhaust System Repaired or Replaced...

Sonic Headers Inc. specializes in Radial Engine and Custom Aircraft Exhaust.
Owner supplied Mock-Up or utilize our PVC-Kit to have the highest quality exhaust system manufactured by a company that stands for superior customer service.

Check out our website for more information about how Sonic Headers Inc. can provide you with the most economical products and services.
www.sonicheaders.com
763-260-0382

Tomcat

Reaction score
Todd, there are other companies out there who will build custom exhaust from PVC mockups, what makes your exhaust systems better than others?

I looked all over your web-site and found no information on pricing, can you shed some light on typical pricing for a finished exhaust system? Let's just say a 4-1 being installed on a 4 cyl Lycoming for example.

Thanks,

Tom

SONICH5

Reaction score
Tom,
Thanks for asking! Having worked with one of the "others" I know what they offer and what the customer gets. Sonic Headers Inc. has two major differences....
The materials/standards used to manufacture the experimental exhaust system is identical to a certified system. We only use 321 grade Stainless, as any less grade is inferior.(no up-sale)
Our customer support during the build and after the product is in service is superior. We are for the customer not the cash. Customers are never billed until the product is boxed and ready to ship! ( always be leery of that!!!) Our knowledge is always FREE and we love to discuss the design and function of the exhaust even if the customer chooses the "other" to manufacture.
The Business Ethics of Sonic Headers Inc. is a reflection of my personal moral ethics, I have built a good customer reputation with our past customers. I love what I get to do and enjoy seeing customers Grin ear-to-ear over the products purchased.

As for price the 4 into 1 kit is set at 1395.00 includes a heat muffler and hardware. If a system is less complex than average (20 to 30 Bends) the price is usually lower by around 100.00. If it has excessive bends or extra vibration control requirements or ceramic coating, that will effect the overall cost. Its a competitive price and again others don't always use 321 Stainless.

I hope this answers your question, and if you ever need advice in the area of exhaust, feel free to contact me (Todd Hirsch-President) I'd be happy to talk with you...:)

cgzro

Peter Ashwood-Smith P
Reaction score
Todd - why stop flying in the winter? We fly Pitts all winter up here and only really stop when its below -10C (say one month in February). Of course we have to open up the whistle slots to avoid icing up the breather and blowing the front oil seal.

Of course its always good to fix your muffler when it cracks, not just in the winter, infact I keep a spare muffler and spare fuel tank as those two items do tend to crack with repeated acro and having spares minimizes down time significantly.

SONICH5

Reaction score
I generally get a lot of agricultural guys in Feb or March needing things quickly for the upcoming season.... Or those last minute one's trying to make Oshkosh.... Winter is just a great time to get into the custom projects like performance exhaust. As a Minnesotan, -10c (14 f) is quiet balmy... and we play hard here too...:)

Latest posts