• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Wow story by 96 year old!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a ministry to my church I visit older members who are in nursing homes, something I've found has blessed me probably more than them.

Yesterday I visited a 96 year old woman who I had met several times but this time her 70+year old daughter was there. I had joked with her(mother) about taking her for a motorcycle and/or open cockpit airplane ride and she was always willing to go, "maybe next time".

I made the same offer yesterday and the daughter told mom to tell me that she had indeed both ridden a HD and had a flight in an old biplane. They had lived in Romney, WV. and the daughter recalled a trip by HD motorcycle to Columbus, Ohio and back when she was 5 years old. The seat was big enough for her to ride between mom and dad.

That's a wow for me. I've ridden out US Rt. 50 west to the Ohio river and can only imagine what an experience it was back in the 50's. WOW!

Then she asked mom if she had told me about their airplane rides. It seems a neighbor must have had maybe a Waco or other 3-place. Dad had gone up with the neighbor and then mom and daughter had gone together.

I told her if she wanted to go again, I take her when it got warmer.....

She said, Maybe the airplane if she could skip the motorcycle?

I should have asked the neighbors name. Maybe I can find some local pilots who might remember what kind of plane?

I suppose a 3-place biplane isn't that uncommon but a 3-place Harley is a new one on me.:)

Jack

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back