• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB S2B Interior Cushions

SSkybolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to purchase seat cushions for my S2B my were AWOL when I purchase my Pitts.

Thanks

Phil

Aerobaticorsu

Registered Users
Reaction score
+1, I need a set for my S-2a. If someone wants to sell , I am interested, let me know, thank you
Patrick

PJPITTS

Registered Users
Reaction score
Oregon Aero sells them, they are very nice!

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Check Aviat also.. I priced a new set for a Eagle awhile back and they were much cheaper than expected.

SaltyPittsDriver

Registered Users
Reaction score
Have you ever sat in a S-2B with the factory cushions? I had the originals with my old Pitts and they sat in the cabinet. Oregon Aero is so much better. When I bought my current S-2B it didn't come with the factory seats, no biggie. In went my Oregon Aero cushions again and I was good to go. Money well spent.

Aerobaticorsu

Registered Users
Reaction score
Here is the answer from Oregon Aero:

At this time we can not build Certified aircraft seat cushions and ship them to France. We do not have any approval for this aircraft.
Thank you,
Dave

Aerobaticorsu

Registered Users
Reaction score
Refresh ofthe post..if you know someone selling Pitts cushions, would you please let me know,
Regards

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The only person I can think of is Bill Finagin @ Dent-Air in Annapolis MD.
Tel. 410.956.0047

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
The Pitts cushions are heavy. I am not at the hangar but I recall that they are something like 5lbs for the bottoms. And they compress significantly under +G, allowing you to slop around. You can do better with modern materials.

Best of luck,

Wes

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Below is a link to what I have. I bought their already made 3 layer seat cushion and cut it to size with a electric knife. In my case I needed to put a slice of building foam (hard) in to make the space up so the cushion replicates my seat type parachute exactly. So you order the foam with the paper work to show it is approved for aviation use and take to a local upholsterer with approved fabric and have him sew it up for you. Just an idea, I sent you a PM also.

http://www.seatfoam.com/company.htm

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
If you order up Divinycell PVC foam from Aircraft Spruce instead of building foam then every part of the seat cushion assembly that you build will be FAA approved materials. I will note that you do not need all 3 layers of conforfoam for a seat. The firmer foam under the weight of the upper body will do the job. And it works under +G.

Best of luck,

Wes

Latest posts