• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

PAINT SCHEMES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the July issue of Sport Aviation . On the cover is Paul Muhle's red , white , yellow and black Pitts . I read the article and gave the pictures a good once over and another once over . As a painter from the age of 14 years to present , I cannot overlook the presentation of a final product and somehow not rate what I see in my own mind . I have walked around Pauls plane and taken pictures and at that time ( Oshkosh) , the color choices , the application , the neatness , flawless presentation were all stunning characteristics that most probably were conceived from hours , days , and months in Paul's mind as he was battling the build process . I personally feel that the final decision on that perfect paint scheme just might be the hardest part of the build/finish process . I'm not going to say that his scheme was simple , because there are no simple paint jobs . If I were to ask Beej (kind of a Forum member) , which scheme he would rather mask , The puzzle paint scheme on his Skybolt or Muhle's Pitts , I somehow know the answer that I'd get . The awesome part is both planes are stunning but totally different . The amazing thing is , that just about all of the folks here on the Forum , when finished with their projects have created a work of art that is a one off , no others like it , show worthy creation that they , themselves are even stunned when the hanger door slides open . Some , more detailed with swirls , stars , checker board patterns , some more doscile in creation but all outstanding , again in presentation . We all know that Kelvin (Forum member) and his AcroDuster scheme wasn't a overnight , two rolls of masking tape , stick and glitter , vualla , look what I think I just did thing . And TomCat's (Forum member) red , white and blue Ultimate Pitts . When Tom opened his hanger and let me take a peak , first thing hit me , it's beautiful . I think with all the time consumed in your build process weather it be two years , ten years or even longer , every day is spent on (what) am I going to do when I get to that point , for the final step . Can't wait for the next unveiling . Who's next ? ;) 🐒

Latest posts

Back