• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

AcroSport II for sale

Proppuller

Reaction score
After 7 years of enjoyable flying it is time to sell Richard Henry's Oshkosh award winning Acrosport N235RH. I know there are a few pics of it on here posted by Dennis Flamini who looked at it a few times while building his. (There are also some YouTube videos of it Dennis posted). All the details are on Barnstormers or you can call or email me for pictures and the spec sheet. Probably moving up to a Decathalon to give dual aerobatic and EMT instruction.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom,
i can verify the beautiful work Dr. Richard did and also all the time and money you put into it over the years...it will make a great biplane for anyone looking for one.
The flat inverted spin video seen here should sell it;
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAzhuoUQdIQ[/ame]
i will post more photos later.

D.grimm

Registered Users
Reaction score
I couldn't find it under Experimental-Acro Sport in Barnstormers,
where is it hiding?
Dave

Proppuller

Reaction score
Thanks Dennis. I appreciate that. It is going to be difficult to let it go but it makes more sense to get an Acro plane I can advertise for and teach in "legally". ��

It is listed under aerobatic and acrosport on barnstormers.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i first met tom to look at the Acro 2 it had everything new from firewall fwd, Tom added a new 3 blade prop and spinner and some other mods.
He is selling it for less than the cost of the engine and prop so you get all the materials to build an award-winning Acro 2 airframe built by Dr. Henry (approx 5000 hrs x $100 per hr=$500,000) for free.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos, i have more but have to find them.

Acro 2 tom dfw pedal 2.jpg

Acro 2 tom dfw bottom 1.jpg

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A sample of the detail work on this Acro 2.

Acro_2_Canton,_TX030.jpg

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
Wonder what are the performance numbers are.
What is the empty wgt' Stall speed, ROC at various weights and temps?

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please add a price to your classified ad. Thanks.

Proppuller

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all who have asked questions.

Here is more info regarding Richard Henry's acrosport.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acrosport II

[/FONT]​
ACROSPORT II • $49,500 • AVAILABLE • Beautiful 1996 award winning Acrosport II. 138 hours on NEW XP-IO360 with high compression pistons. (192hp dyno). All new accessories with engine. Catto carbon fiber prop. Sky-tec starter. BD-8 lightweight alternator with VAC-2 pickup. Becker comm and transponder. This is an extremely forgiving taildragger that does very nice upright and inverted aerobatics. Operates very well out of a 2300’ grass runway with the 6:00x6 main gear. (This is the plane you want if you really want a Pitts but have a short grass runway to operate out of!) Checkout and delivery options available. See spec sheet. • Contact Tom Rhines, End User - located Canton, TX USA • Telephone: 972-768-1082 • Posted March 7, 2017 • Display Specs Page • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

Proppuller

Reaction score
1996 AcroSport II
1997 Oshkosh Award Winner
Airframe
-578 hours Total Time
-Full Christen Inverted System
-Rear cockpit sliding canopy (Pitts design)
-22 gallon main fuel tank and 7 gallon aux. fuel tank (can be converted to smoke oil tank)
-Front and rear ratcheting harnesses
-Front and rear toe brakes
-Front cockpit throttle and mixture with airspeed and altimeter
-Front cockpit cover x2 (metal and fabric with snaps)
-Die spring landing gear modification (no bungees)
-Landing gear attach point gusset modification complete
-Includes Lang tailwheel and Maule tailwheel
-Poly-Fiber covering
Engine
-138 Hours since NEW XP-IO 360 engine with all new accessories
-High Compression Piston Kit (192 hp dyno)
-Roller Lifters
-Silver Hawk fuel injection
-Hollow crank (can be converted to constant speed propeller)
-B&C SD-8 Lightweight Alternator and VAC-2 pump pad
-Sky-Tec lightweight starter
-Vetterman exhaust with optional cabin heat shroud and firewall shutoff valve
Propeller
-Catto 3-blade Carbon Fiber/Fiberglass/Wood propeller
-Van’s spinner kit
-65 hours since new
-Dynamic balance performed and extremely smooth
Avionics
-Becker communications radio
-Becker transponder with Mode C
-Intercom with music input
-Includes 2 David Clarks with cloth helmets
This is an extremely forgiving taildragger that does very nice upright and inverted aerobatics. Spins are very straightforward both upright or inverted and normal or flat. Operates very well out of a 2300’ grass runway with the 6:00x6 main gear. (This is the plane you want if you really want a Pitts but have a short grass runway to operate out of!) With the front cover installed and the rear canopy installed this aircraft can be comfortably flown all winter long.
Owned for the past 7 years by an A&P/IA airline pilot.
Checkout, aerobatic instruction and delivery options are available.
Tom Rhines 972-768-1082 [email protected]

Proppuller

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and write-up Dennis! Did we discuss your commission? :)

Tom

Proppuller

Reaction score
Here is the updated weight and balance to reflect the recently removed 60 amp alternator and the installation of the SD-8 lightweight alternator and VAC-2 pump pad.

Stall speed is around 60 mph so I normally cross the fence around 77-80 mph. With no wind I can usually stop about 1400 ft down my 2300 ft grass runway.

View attachment Acrosport Weight and Balance 2016.pdf

Proppuller

Reaction score
Also, I just listed it on Trade-a-plane. There are a lot more pictures, logbook entries and links to more videos on the Trade-a-plane add. $48,500.

Thanks,

Tom

Latest posts