• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Aerovoltz Lithium Batteries and Under Cowling Temperatures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've read with great interest several threads about the new extremely lightweight lithium batteries from Aervoltz.... among others.

It time for my ASII's annual and I need a battery and it sounds like a great way to lose almost 20lbs verses the Concorde battery that I have now.

From what I can tell, at least from my research on the internet, they are nice batteries. And, it sounds like the manufacturer has taken the steps to ensure that they are safe. My concern though, is that they list a maximum environment temperature of 140 degrees F. My battery is mounted on the firewall, and I would like to keep it there. Anybody have any idea of what the temperatures are under an aircraft's cowling? Would a cooling blast tube for the battery be a wise idea?

I have posed this question to the manufacturer as well. But, I'm guessing that they haven't done alot of research on the temperatures in the cowlings of small aircraft.

Latest posts

Back