• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Aileron hinge bracket channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Kovach

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm looking to acquire "U" channel of the type that is used on a lot of Pitts aileron hinge brackets. I need four (or more) feet - enough 'U" channel to make at least 18 hinges. The attached pics are of an S1-SS hinge bracket (from an SS that I'm assembling) and hopefully show the channel pretty clearly. Material is .050 4130. I'm not equipped to make the channel in my shop, and I'm not finding it commercially available.

Can anyone help me locate? These hinges will be of slightly different dimensions than any of the Pitts models I'm familiar with. They will be used on three Rose Parrakeet (yes! two "R's") type airplanes that I'm building for my own amusement. Stock hinge brackets won't work (darn!) but stock "U" channel material dimensions will work great as a raw material.

If y'all can point me in a productive direction I'd sure appreciate it!

Love this forum! I read it and learn something from it EVERY day! The talent and brains found herein is awesome!

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

Kim

Latest posts

Back