• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Another New Guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakelake

Registered Users
Reaction score
My name is John Lake and I live in Utah. I completed a Marquart Charger this past summer and had a grand total of 12 hours on it when I flipped it over after making a precautionary landing on a dirt landing strip due to very high oil temps. Its a long story but the end result is I am repairing it now. I completed a Glastar 8 years ago and have over 500 hours on that plane and have flown it from the tip of Baja to northern Montana and many points between. Most of the flying I do in that plane is in and out of backcountry strips to hike, mountain bike, camp, and fish.
In my search for Charger repair parts I came across another Charger project that was too good to pass up so now I'm repairing one plane and finishing another. I have determined that my oil temp problems were mostly a result of oil cooler installation and nose bowl design so in both my projects I plan to use a Skybolt nose bowl purchased from Steen aero. The Steen aero folks told me there is a gentleman by the name of John Nunn who is building a Skybolt and has put together a great builders tip book that should contain all the information I need to fabricate the engine baffles used with their nose bowl. Can anyone help me with this info? Anyone seen his book? Thanks for any help, John

Latest posts

Back