• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

ASII Nose Down Trim with Passenger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my dad for a ride in my ASII earlier today. This was my first experience with another person in the airplane. There were the usual changes, like longer takeoff roll, slower rate of climb, etc. but the biggest change that I noticed was that I needed quite a bit more nose down trim to maintain level flight. It did startle me at first, but it seemed to fly just fine. The landing was uneventful.

I did figure theweight and balance before the flight andthe CG should have been about an inch forward of the rear limit. Him being in the airplane moved the CG aft right at 2 inches from where I have been flying it.

Basically,I waswondering if any of the other ASII drivers out there noticed a need for quite a bit more nose down trim when hauling a passenger. I know that I should expect some, since we moved the CG aft, but I wasn't expecting to need that much.

Latest posts

Back