• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Brake Caliper Pin Engagement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybolt540

Reaction score
I'm currently working on the wheel & brake caliper installation.

I am using the typical Cleveland / Parker 199-104 kit. I have their drawing number 50-76, Kit Information.

If I go by the numbersand space the wheel and torque plate as the drawing calls out, when the caliperis installed,the torque pins on the caliper only engage the bosses on the torque plate a little more than a 1/2" out of the 7/8" length of the boss.

It seems like the pins could either be a lot longer or the torque plate could be positioned a lot outboard.

I called Parker who's tech department was friendly but not super knowledgable. The drawing I have is apparently the only installation information.

Looking for recommendations on folks that have been there. Is this limited pin engagement correct?

Latest posts

Back