• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

AS1 with 160 hp. 0-320E2D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing as it's only 4 degrees today I decided to use my time wisely and finally write up an ad for my project.
My plan with the 160hp pistons was - - fuel injection (adds approx. 8-10 hp) Electronic ignition (Adds 2-4 hp) a tuned exhaust (adds 8-12 hp) Shrink the cowling cooling air inlets down to the recommended size for the hp and install a plenum pressure cooling system.This would give me +/_ 180 hp

ENGINE
The 0-320E2D had a total overhaul by 92nd West Aviation in 2021. It has 160 hp. high compression pistons / 1 E-Mag electronic ignition and 1 new Slick magneto / New Skytec starter and fuel pump. / New Van’s engine baffling kit / used 8 Amp B&C alternator / used Inverted oil slobber pot and inverted valve / A wood 74/56 Sterna prop with approx. 800 hrs.
Stored in my climate controlled shop for 2 years with dehydrator plugs and all holes sprayed and plugged.
An almost new Rotex TBI on the engine. I planned to convert to fuel injection. A Bendix fuel injection unit needing rebuild is enclosed. Bendix told me at Oshkosh they would allow $1000 credit towards a new unit.

Acro-Sport 1
The wings, tail and fuselage are ready to cover. The alternate fuel tank is setup for smoke oil or fuel with a 3 way fuel valve. Main fuel tank with a flop tube and cockpit sight gage.
The following are all installed - smoke oil pump / Merlin Alpha Systems AOA / under wing pitot tube / 2”x 5-way ratchet restraint system / Odyssey PC680 battery / electronic fuel primer / Ray Allen T3-12A-TS elevator trim / new brake linings / Haigh tailwheel with cockpit linkage
All flying - landing - roll wires have been installed and location tagged.
Wings - tail have been mounted to the fuselage. Fairings between upper, outer wing and center section are complete.
Elevators have separate trim / servo tabs. Stainless firewall installed, no holes cut.
A NACA cooling inlet with cockpit control installed on cowling.
Instrument panel is complete.
The following will be enclosed; New 10 row oil cooler / A set of surplus wheel fairings are close to being ready for paint / Yaesu FTA-45OL VHF transceiver (The antenna is attached to the interior of the lower right wing spar)

Needing to be done - -
The cowling sheetmetal needs engine cooling air outlet cut and flanged and 2 cyl. head blisters installed - (blisters are made, dipstick access door is installed) Cowling Cleco assembled only, need to install nut plates.
Electrical wiring from the panel to the engine. (much of the electrical components are enclosed) / Fuel and oil plumbing firewall forward.
The sliding canopy rails have been mounted to the frame, canopy has been set in place but the windshield fairing-to-cowling needs fabrication before cutting. / Cockpit heat.
As close as I could guess on materials, a majority of the covering supplies are included, Ceconite fabric / tapes / glue / sewing thread inspection rings, etc. Along with a lot of hardware, bolts / rivets, etc.
$26,500
I don't want to separate but I will for a reasonable offer

Please PM me with questions and photo requests.
Thank you,
Randy

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpeg
    IMG_1137.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1139.jpeg
    IMG_1139.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0