• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

I0-540 260 HP "0" SMOH for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
“0” SMOH Experimental I0-540-C4B5.

Overhauled by Bob Barrows

This engine came off of Bob Barrows’ one off unlimted category aerobatic Biplane design called the “Jackdaw”. I bought the plane in 2007 and had Bob overhaul the engine in 2008. Time constraints and other issues never saw the project rebuild completed and now the engine has become too valuable to justify finishing the biplane. Engine has been on an engine stand with all openings covered in my climate controlled office since then. Never installed or started, always in climate controlled environment.
No core required, no lead time wait. Overhauled Fuel injection system included with new injector fuel lines, overhauled, Mags , High volume oil pump, Chrome cylinders. Will ship in Lycoming factory foam filled crate. (SkyTec starter not included). $37,500.00 firm. Roanoke , VA Leave message or text at 540-537-2406

Also, may be interested in selling Jackdaw Airframe. This was a flying S2B style unlimited category biplane with metal wings and 4 full span anti-servo ailerons. 300 roll rate. 1150 EW. 10 g +/- design by Bob Barrows of Bearhawk fame. Early 80's era. This prototype was an open cockpit design but I have canopy bubble to fab. I also have a 60hr since new MT 3 blade wide cord counter weighted aerobatic prop, gov, and carbon spinner that was slated for this aircraft. $ 75 K for engine prop and airframe as is if you act quick before engine sells.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image19.jpeg
    image19.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image18.jpeg
    image18.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image12.jpeg
    image12.jpeg