• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

carbn fiber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would it be possible to build something like a MX2 yourself, how hard is carbon fiber to work with and what drives the costs of thoes planes so high? I mean they make top end corvettes out of carbon fiber with souped up engines and keep them under 100k.

I am wondering if it would be possible to build one of these on your own, it is going to take me a LONG time to save up for an appropriate aerobatic plane so I might as well try so long as the raw materials are not too expensive and I can afford to mess up, are thoes air frames one large mold for the whole plane or are they molded in sections and then put together. I dont think just paying for one of these out right will be truely feasable for me (or an appropriately powered pitts for that matter).

Can you get plans for something like an MX2 or edge 540, I believe thoes planes will support a AEIO-540 or larger as well which would be really sweet.

Latest posts

Back