• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts S1-11 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it, I’m in the wrong stage of life to bring this project to completion anytime soon so it is being offered up for sale. With two young daughters and a flying career, I don’t see myself being able to dedicate the time to it that it needs.

IO540 with 150 SMOH. Raven cold air intake, exhaust and inverted oil included
3 bladed MT prop
Titanium Firewall
Carbon Fiber Cowling
Wolf engine mount and rod gear
Carbon fiber turtle deck
Inverted oil system
Flying wires
Gear fairings and wheel pants

Fuselage is a VR3 tubing kit that was professionally welded. The tail is a larger design based off of drawings from Steve Wolf.

I believe the wings were a Bill Scheuneman kit that were later modified with the Raven full span ailerons. They did fly on the original builders first S1-11 for approximately 150 hours before he removed them to put on this new fuselage.

Build quality from what I can tell is excellent. Still needs some final fitting and minor repairs before being covered. One prop blade did suffer shipping damage in the last move so it will need to make its was through prop shop.

I believe most of the instruments and a radio are included.

Given the value of the firewall forward and what it would cost to buy all the components, I’m going to set the price at $69,500. PM for a phone number and I’ll be happy to chat with anyone interested. Located near Cincinnati Ohio

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpeg
    IMG_2971.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2418.jpeg
    IMG_2418.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2419.jpeg
    IMG_2419.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2673.jpeg
    IMG_2673.jpeg