• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Chris' Acrosport 2S. Part 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the last chapter was getting long again so i guess its time to start another one. ill be having a progress update in a day or 2 as i got a few items going on right now that are pretty neat. anyways, heres a wrap up of Part 2:

Painting the Fuselage Frame
Type of Paint and Primer Discussion
Applying Fabric to Fuselage and Fin
Installing Braces to Fin for Turtle Deck Mod.
Recovering Rudder
Priming Fuselage and Fin Fabric
Checking the Fit of the Turtle Deck with Fabric Installed
Installing the Torque Tube
Making the Molds for the Carbon Fiber Gear Leg Covers, Rev. 1.0
Machining Die Spring Gear
Fuel Pump and System Plumbing Rev. 1 & 2
Building up the Exhaust Mock Up from Sonic Headers
Paint Scheme Blank Drawn Up.
Building the Carbon Fiber Seat
Machining the Pulley Off the Flywheel
Spinner Arrived
Building a Shorter Engine Mount Discussion
Covering the Horizontal Stab, Rudder, and Elevators
Carbon Fiber Floor
Welding Up the Short Engine Mount
Center Section Rear Fairing
Canopy Action Video
Exhaust Mock Up Rev. 3
Tail Covering Completed
Trial Assembly Of the Aircraft to Fit the Flying and Landing Wires
Paint Scheme Revealed :cool:
Lower Wing Root Gap Fairings
Wheel Pant Fit Up
Building the Aileron Slave Struts
Machining the Carbon Fiber Spinner Backplate
Fitting the Top Cowl
Building the Bottom Cowl
Titanium Panel Screws
Building the Carbon Fiber Fuel Injection Servo Intake
Building Carbon Fiber Aileron Coves
Titanium Firewall
Fitting The Carbon Fiber Intake to the Cowl
Building My Prop at the Catto Factory
Prop Delivered and Installed.

phew, thats alot of work done in the past year! really sinks in when i go back through the threads and read what ive got done so far then itemize it for a new thread. ok, a sneak peak...... well not so much as a peek as theres no pictures, but ive got one set of carbon gear leg covers done, and the other in the molds right now. so i hope to get them trimmed after work tomorrow and ill have some photos for ya! then i can work on fitting and installing them to the gear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back