• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Closer all the time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyJ

Reaction score

I know it's a little premature, but now that I've finished the fuselage build, I just couldn't resist assembling the wings and wires so at least it looks like an airplane. My rationalization for doing so was that I wanted to check fitup and make sure the aileron mechanism works smoothly, but really I just wanted to make myself feel like I'm getting closer!

The wings had been hanging in the rafters for years so there's some work to get them in shape, but I think I'm pretty much on the home stretch as far as the build/mechanical side of things. Then comes the scary part, covering. Yeesh. Not looking forward to that...

Somebody puh-leez tell me it looks as purty as I think it does!

20101016_143138_DSC009493.jpg

20101016_143233_DSC009463.jpg

Edited by: TommyJ

Latest posts

Back