• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Comm antenna placement from exhaust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcat

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm just finishing up all the wiring on my S-1, all I have left is to build a bundle for the comm which brings me to my question. I'm going to be mounting a Comant CI-122 or some sort of bent whip antenna on the belly, how far away from the exhaust does the antenna need to be to keep it from being damaged by heat or otherwise? Most I've seen are on the forward belly panel and that's where I planned on putting mine, but wasn't sure if exhaust from a 4-1 on the centerline would be an issue if the antenna was also on the center line? Does the antenna need to be on the center line of the airplane to have equal amounts of ground plane on each side of it?

Latest posts

Back