• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

computer scales for sale

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I have a set of Longacre scales for sale. These were used for a racecar but will work fine for an airplane just as well. The set has 4 scale pads and ramps with the computer in an enclosed plastic box. Paid $1400 will sell for $825obo. 979-451-3251

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

MOVED to Classifieds.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Roll yours up on it first and tell me what it really weighs :)

pigpenracing

Reaction score
A guy I know around Austin just finished his Skybolt he has been working on. It is the most beautiful plane I have seen. He just scaled it and it is 1080 with a 180HP. There are some light one out there.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Did he weigh it on your scales?
Edited by: SATCFI

pigpenracing

Reaction score
No his scales. Maybe his are light to. LOL!!!! I think my builder having built 9 bi-planes before mine has something to do with the light weight. He had it figured out. The first time builder planes end up heavy. Thats why I am asking top dollar for my airplane.

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

pigpenracing said:
A guy I know around Austin just finished his Skybolt he has been working on. It is the most beautiful plane I have seen. He just scaled it and it is 1080 with a 180HP. There are some light one out there.
I live in the Austin vicinity, whose bolt is this and where is it located?

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
more details? May i have his contact #? Like you, ilike looking at other bolts....
A 360 is doable under 1100.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I don't want to give out his contact info but I will tell him you are interested in looking at it or speaking with him. I may fly over and look at it soon. He was trying to make Llano this weekend but couldn't findthe rightprop extension.

Yes and a 540 is 150 lbs heavier. Do the math.

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

pigpenracing said:
I don't want to give out his contact info but I will tell him you are interested in looking at it or speaking with him.
I look forward to receiving the info. Of course, you could just give me the full name and the airport...unless that's considered out of turn?
pigpenracing said:
Yes and a 540 is 150 lbs heavier. Do the math.
OK, you did ask: To get one under 1100, it has to be built barebones...typically, no constant speed prop, no inverted oil, no plywood flooring throughout, no centralized fire system, no fully vinyl wall lined interior cockpit, no canopy and mechanism, no smoke system - all of which your plane has. Now you do the math. I believe this topic was briefly discussed herehttp://www.biplaneforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3670&KW=

Latest posts