• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Contemplating using the Steen Skybolt canopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinballwizzard

Reaction score
I have looking into using the Steen Aero Skybolt canopy kit on my ASII, I really like the hinge design and it looks like it would readily adapt. I called Steen and got some measurements.

Length 64in from front base to rear opening
Width 27in
Width at rear 27in but can be brought in to 24
Height 17in
I need to compare these to measurements of my plane obviously but the canopy geometry looks like it would work. Has anyone used this bubble/frame/skirt kit?

Latest posts

Back