• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Eaa biplane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I hear the eaa biplane is not a super hot item. I have talked to a guy selling one in the 15k price range . It has a o320 a3b engine. I like the o320 part I know nothing about the a3b part. Engine and air frame have about 250 hrs since he built it in 2000. He states about 5 hrs this yr flown and 10 last yr. he had a Medical issue that has slowed his flying down. He uses aeroshell 15-50 Which I here is good for the lyc (not as good as flying it lol). Also what are the flying differences between the starduster sa100 and eaa biplane? Those are the two types I am looking into. gentleman Seemed honest enough on the phone and wasn’t trying persuade me . I asked him about corrosion in the engine and he said it Flys with oil temp about 215 and he was never worried about corrosion but that I would have to make my own decision. All in all a pleasant conversation and has me interested but would like opinions on that engine specifically. Thanks Mark

Latest posts

Back