• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

#$%#! engine mount alignment....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macwolf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to attach my engine mount to my engine yesterday. Had the engine up on a hoist, so it should have been easy.. not so. I could even get the second bolt hole even vaguely close to the bolt - like at 1/4" off... :confused:

The engine mont is a Raven mount, the ring of which is welded up on a jig so I know it is accurate.. I'm guessing this has to do with getting the rubbers to compress down at the right angle.. but.. gee, not as easy as I thought.

I've heard of folks grinding down their bolts to a point and then tapping them into the engine holes.. then replacing the bolts later one by one.

Anyone got any advice here? (I've read the RV engine hanging article, yes)

Thanks
Stuart

IMG_0856.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back