• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Eric Sherrer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric N83V

Reaction score

Hi All,
I've got the Biplane disease bad. I own two planes already and I'm still working on my license. One plane which might be of interest to the group is an Antonov AN-2, claimed to be the largest mass produced biplane in the world.6 tons gross. 12 seats in the airline version. Still not sure why I bought it but it does sound great and I hope to fly it down from Alaska soon. The Russians made thousands of these things and with the collapse of their economy they are (relatively) inexpensive. The FAA frowns on them and they are severly restricted in the Experimental class. So my thoughts were to attempt a reproduction of the Staggerwing A-17FS using as many AN-2 systems as possible. This would get me an Experimental ticket without all the restrictions...
I am also attempting to build a Hiperbipe starting from an oldfactory tacked fuselage and plans. Should keep me busy for awhile,

Eric N83V

Latest posts

Back