• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Finally making the plunge....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatzdude

Reaction score
Hey all, by way of introduction, Ted Tracy from Cincinnati here . I’ve been lurking on the forum for quite a while now, making the occasional post. The reason I now feel compelled to post a formal introduction is that I seem to have finally pulled the trigger and joined the biplane owner’s ranks. While I have seen/flown the airplane and gone as far to put down a deposit, we have yet to finalize the deal and bring the airplane home. With this being the case I’ll hold off for a bit on the pictures ect, suffice to say many here have probably seen the airplane and the current owner is a known and respected member of the community. This is in keeping with my “never talk about the plan” plan which has stood me in good stead over the years!
As a bit of a bio, I have been involved in aviation as a vocation/avocation for a LONG time and am currently spending almost all of my spare time scratch building a Hatz Classic. And don’t think I don’t occasionally hear about that! As the situation evolved , it dawned on me that it’s going to be 5-6-7 years to finish the Hatz and I could be flying something in the meantime or not. My buddy declared that I had suffered without a biplane long enough and another week without one was to long, so here we are.
Hopefully we’ll be bringing home the airplane in the later part of August with a rather robust cross country, once that is done we’ll post some pictures of the plane and the adventure. In the mean time, I’ll look forward to reading your comments and will be soliciting suggestions for cool stops along our route home, so look for that request soon, in the meantime hope for tailwinds (except on landings) and good weather, cheers, Ted

Latest posts

Back