• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Flying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This site is primarily about building and all of the challenges of doing so, but I think many also appreciate that these airplanes can also be flown. After flying the time off of my new SA-100 have made several long trips , and today was one. My son Dan and I along with Steve flew our airplanes from Scappoose OR KSPB to Chehalis WA KCLS about 75 miles one way, to meet Will who flew his SA-100 down from Anacortes WA 74S which is about 167 miles one way, thanks Will. We all had a great lunch at the Riverside golf course bistro. And by the way temps were in the high 90s, and right at 100 degrees here at Scappoose on the ground. We Dan an I when going across country in hot weather like this, usually go for 60 degrees OAT and take what ever winds we get. We went to 6500' north bound, and was only able to get into the low 70, and on the south bound trip went to 7500' to get into cooler air, much easier on the pilots and airplanes, and the oil temps CHT were well with in acceptable ranges. It is really great to fly somewhere in these trying times and meet up with others that share the same interests great flight clear weather and really smooth up high..Dave

SAM_6840 small.JPG
SAM_6841small.JPG
SAM_6845 small.JPG
SAM_6846 small.JPG
SAM_6849small.JPG
SAM_6853 small.JPG
SAM_6858 small.JPG
SAM_6863 small.JPG
SAM_6865 small.JPG
SAM_6867 small.JPG

Latest posts

Back