• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Garmin GPS 90

cashflyer

Reaction score

I have a Garmin GPS 90 that I bought new back in the 90s. I have not used it in years, but "found" it again when we moved this past summer.

I put batteries in it today and it works just fine.
Last update was Feb/Mar 2000, and I have read that you cannot get updates for it any more since it was discontinued. Even with the outdated map, it could still be useful for heading, speed, position, and other basic nav data.

I still have the yoke mount, the harness for hard-wiring it to a plane, the PC uplink cable, and the remote antenna wire. Heck, I still have the original box.

Garmin reference page:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=29

Is it worth anything these days?

Edited by: cashflyer

Reaction score
I have an Apollo Precedus GPS I bought in '94 or '95 for $1300. I had it on E bay with a $200 reserve and it never sold. Same deal, still good for a lot of things but I haven't figured out how to blank out the annoying message "data base out of date". I hope you have better luck than I did. Edited by: Knight Twister

TFF1

Reaction score
$100-200 some poor flight training student would love to have one in a C150. A friend gave his to his daughter for that reason.

cashflyer

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.
I may drop it on ebay and see how it does.

Skybolt31

Registered Users
Reaction score
I sold a Garmin 92 on ebay not long ago and I don't remember the selling price, but pretty sure it was less than $100. I had the yoke mount and box with it too. These old GPS's still work, but they don't bring much money.

Latest posts