• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Get your PPL in a Pitts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LikeRain

Reaction score
Hi,

I just love bi-planes, so I had the idea to get my PPL license in a Pitts.

The flight school i've been talking to, telling me that this would make me a 'not as good as normal' pilot.
Cause it would be better to learn the basics of flying in an plane that is 'normal' / easy to fly etc etc. (like a cessna or katana etc)

The recommend the following course:
- first get my PPL License in a Katana DV-20
- second follow a small aerobatic course in a fuji 200-180CS Aerosubaru
- third go for an tailwheel conversion in a Piper Cub P18 or murdy cap 10
- fourth follow a aerobatic course in a Murdy Cap 10
- fifth start with some lessons in a Pitts

Until now the are not willing to let me get an PPL License in a Pitts.

So I started searching and found this site :

http://www.flightsanddreams.co.uk/normal/index.html

http://www.flightsanddreams.co.uk/reviews/special_ppl.pdf

I'm very curious to your opinions.

I understand that it isn't the most common and easiest way, and I'm probably to optimistic.
But I cannot understand why It would me make an 'worse' then normal pilot.
I will get my license only when i'm airworthy and the less forgiveness of the Pitts sounds to me that It would be an better then normal training ??

Kind regards,

Latest posts

Back