• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Got my new Pitts today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman

Rocketman
Reaction score
I've been waiting what seemed like forever for the auction in Ohio that finally went off today. I was the successful bidder on N41JV, a sweet S1S that was built by our own Mr. Bill Rose. To say that Bill was very helpful would be a huge understatement....I thank him for all he did to get me pointed in the right direction and answering all of my questions. Thanks also to 'Jason' who is on this list. He was at the auction in his S2B and gave me a spin around the patch to help me with the sight picture. I flew the plane home today...1st time ever in a Pitts. I even made a nice landing back at my home airport.....I'm sure that will be short lived :rolleyes:. Just a straight 1 hour flight to get it home...I just kind of 'felt' the controls on this maiden flight....I was very surprised at the rudder authority. Barely touching the rudder in flight made me feel like the tail was going to pass me.....WOW :eek:.

A little on the plane:

Pretty much bone stock S1S
119 TT airframe
6 TT on IO-360
6 TT on fabric
Haige tailwheel (I was surprised but I liked it)
Open Canopy will be converted to slider asap
Starter/alternator/battery
empty weight is a little over 800lbs
got the chute with it
nice clean airplane from tip to tip including engine compartment

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back