• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Hangar space Sussex NJ KFWN

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not a bad price. I pay 250 for a half hangar at Blairstown.

Skybolt-Tony

Reaction score
It is shared by the way, however the tenant mate is a auto mechanic and he just keeps a couple of engine blocks in there.

gmann750

Reaction score
Did they do any maintenance to the runway, last I saw it looked pretty rough for our smaller tailwheels.

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
I have stopped there in my S-2A for fuel. Not the greatest pavement but OK. I recall speaking with Angelo C at the 2015 Kathy Jaffe. Angelo is based there and I recall that Angelo reported that ownership had changed and the airport might get some improvements.

Perhaps folks based closer than I might know more.

Best of luck,

Wes

Skybolt-Tony

Reaction score
Yes, new airport owner. Hopefully the runway will get the much needed improvements.

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I flew there once just to explore. Went upstairs and chatted with the hangar flyers a bit. On my taxi out for takeoff I considered using the parallel taxiway but it was in such horrid shape that I opted to back-taxi. One of the old guys got on the horn to let me know that perhaps I failed to see that there was, in fact, a taxi way. Thanks but no thanks. Sussex is rough!

Maciej

Reaction score
I flew there once just to explore. Went upstairs and chatted with the hangar flyers a bit. On my taxi out for takeoff I considered using the parallel taxiway but it was in such horrid shape that I opted to back-taxi. One of the old guys got on the horn to let me know that perhaps I failed to see that there was, in fact, a taxi way. Thanks but no thanks. Sussex is rough!
I made the mistake of using that taxiway in my Diamond, never again, NEVER AGAIN...

Maciej

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for crapping all over my listing.
Taxiway aside, I genuinely think that this is the best deal for a hangar in the area. You can't beat the price for at least a 75mi radius if I'm not mistaken.

an8pilot

Mike
Reaction score
Wow. In Miami Ft Lauderdale a T hangar was 700 back as far as 15 20 years ago. Have been looking for a crash pad type situation not too far from Newark in some kind of situation like a fly in community. I imagine people drive all the way out to Sussex and Blairstown from the city to fly?

Last edited:

red&black

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. In Miami Ft Lauderdale a T hangar was 700 back as far as 15 20 years ago. Have been looking for a crash pad type situation not too far from Newark in some kind of situation like a fly in community. I imagine people drive all the way out to Sussex and Blairstown from the city tip fly?
Not a crash pad situation (more like lots for expensive single family homes w/ high RE taxes), but if you're looking for a flyin community near KEWR, Sky Manor N40 in Pittstown is closer than Blairstown or Sussex. 49 mi away on I-78. Nice place too. (Not intending to distract from Skybolt-Tony's hangar listing, just providing some info.)

Last edited:

an8pilot

Mike
Reaction score
For comparison Sky Manor N40 in Pittstown has T hangar rents at 360 to 480 not including any other taxes etc. Interesting place Sky Manor. The internet reads long time restaurant proprietor at Sky Manor left to go to Cherry Ridge airport due to some different direction taken by N40 Sky Manor airport board people.

Seems like the hangar rent above at Sussex for 250 is not bad.

gmann750

Reaction score
I frequent N40 often, it's a great airport and nothing like Sussex at all. N40 is owned by pilots and it's well kept and had the cheapest gas around. The hangar rent is a bit steep. There is a new owner at the Little cafe and you can't ever get a seat, the food is great and the people are very nice. Not trying to distract either just giving some facts.

Skybolt-Tony

Reaction score
And by the way, the runway has been fixed and painted; it is in good condition.

Latest posts