• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Hey, an update on things here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopher

Reaction score
I am sorry I haven't been around much lately. Things here have just been nuts. My Dad is now bedridden from his Alzheimer's and Mom, myself and Hospice are doing all we can to take care of him here. I never envisioned myself changing Dad's diapers and his helplessness really bothers me. Form what research I have done, he may not even have a year left or we may be tending to him for a lot longer ( I kinda hope for longer but that isn't fair to Dad. If he has to go, he has to... I know he never wanted to be like this and he doesn't even understand it. He sometimes asks why he can't get out of bed... other times his words are gibberish. ) I still see him as the engineer that used to sneak me in to see all the projects he worked on. I hope I always remember him that way and not the abusive person he became in the last few years. That was one of the reasons I knew something was so wrong with him and kept pushing for him to see a neurologist. I know that was not his fault, but it is so hard to move on from it. All my projects continue to be on hold but I will get back to them when I can. Especially the Super Baby Lakes and related projects. I built a min-forge/smelter last summer and have been amassing aluminum ingots form pop cans and castings as I experiment with it some nights in the driveway. I have also been amassing brass and have used the forge to make a knife from a railroad spike. It is quite a learning curve. I bought a HF tig to get back into practice and have a wrecked fuselage for practice material when I can get back to the shop. I am saving for a better TIG as I have been warned that the HF unit will not be dependable enough for the fuselage. We had a sewer line burst in the basement and I lost all my etching supplies and some other stuff. I will restart etching someday too I hope. There have been many other problems the last year or so, but one neat thing that happened, I have gotten to be an extra in a forthcoming independent movie called Child and I am currently an extra in another indie being filmed now. It is hard to get away to film for a day or two now and then, but the reset is good for my head. I hope everyone here is doing well. I have a lot of catching up to do on here but my head and heart are not up to it right now. Best Wishes! Christopher

Latest posts

Back