• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

History of Pitts blueprints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebiplane

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's been a while for me since I last posted. My Dad developed a serious and rare cancer and I picked up my family, sold the house, and moved near my folks. Things have worked out rather well actually and my Dad seems to be doing pretty good these days. So that's why it's been awhile.
Anyhow. In my new house I sat down with my boy this last weekend and built a nice level table to start my Pitts S1-C. I've been spending some time with the CAD plans from Steen and certain things are either missing or wrong or incomplete. I'm not complainer, not in the least bit- I'm just trying to get to the bottom of things and wondering if you guys can help me answer a few questions.
Steen also has available the original Curtis drawings but they said they are really bad and only used for reference. Didn't people build the original Pitts from these? I think they are the non-stretched version right? Do I need them also?
Can anybody here clue me in on what plans they are using for just the standard good old fashioned s1-c?
Same with Aviat plans, I was reading here on the forum about some guys buying these plans and using both, how is that possible? Are they the same airplane? I guess i'm just having a hard time knowing what to do, it seems odd that I would need plans from two different companies, what is the history behind this?
Who is the rightful owner of the original Curtis Pitts S1-C Pitts Special with the classic round wing tips that's so famous and who is the imposter?
I'm really sorry about all the questions here, the boys at Steen Aero are really great and I'm sure I'll call them this week and have them help me figure this out also. I justhappenedto do a search on the forum and noticed others who have had issues as well. I guess I figured a thread dedicated to this was maybe a good idea for us newbie Pitts guys.
Mike
(glad to be back guys, I hope everybody is having a great summer)

Latest posts

Back