• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

In the market for a Aerobatic Biplane. Help picking one out please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly9r68

Registered Users
Reaction score
First off ill start with im not new to aviation. Been a Mechanic for 14+ years. But not to many Biplanes came through our area.
So here is what im wanting and doing. In about 2-4 weeks ill Be buying something but IDK what yet.

Im looking at a few different planes.

Skybolt
Starduster
Eagle2
Great lakes

What ill be doing with the plane is just having fun on the weekends with it on nice days up at 4000+AGL. Loops, Rools, stalls. Not going to compete in it. I have been doing alot of research on these planes and trying to find any issues they each have.

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail...ne+Piston/1999/Christen/Eagle+II/1782476.html

this is a tad out of my price range but i can maybe swing this Eagle. The Motor i have no issues with and it was built later so most issues have been address.

http://www.biplaneforum.com/showthread.php?t=10836

This plane worries me as the price is so low but if all is good the low price would be a BIG positive.

There are not to many great lakes in my price range and DK if i truly want one. I am getting my Aerobatic training in one and think i want something more responsive but i dont want a pitts. Th GL is a GREAT plane. flys and lands easy.

The Skybolt is exactly what i want BUT i hear so many negatives about them but sometimes you only hear the NEG and never the POS so thats why im on here asking cause i really like the Skybolt and the price is right on all of them i have found. This one has a 540 in it and i really like it.

SO any info on these types of planes good an bad would be great!

thanks!

Latest posts

Back