• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

ISS Gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Stuart,

So far the ISS stuff seems to be doing fine. I used their tac, fuel press, oil pres, oil temp, CHT, EGT, volt meeter and fuel level. The TAC uses a little TAC generator right on the tac drive instead of picking up off the "P" lead. This way if the tac should somehow go to ground it won't kill the mag. The CHT and EGT use 14 ga wire from the probe to the gauge instead of having that much thermocouple lead and so far they seem to be accurate. I have their fuel gauge installed with a SKY SPORTS capacitance sender and the gauge has a RED ZONE. I set the top of the RED at 4 gallons. I mounted the senders for fuel and oil on a manifold from VAN'S and have a switch on the manifold that is activated by the oil pressure. The switch (also from VAN'S) turns on a RED LED on the panel any time the oil pressure is below 15psi and also turns on the HOBBS when the oil pressure is above 15psi. I really like having gauges that have all matching faces and they are center pivot with 270deg movements and they are lighted. I'll post a photo.

Latest posts

Back