• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Lil Bitts Murphy Renegade Spirit or Fisher Celebrity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grum.man

Reaction score
While at OSH I fell in love with the littler Verner Radial engines. I really like the 60 hp 5v model as it balances price and HP pretty well. I've been wanting to build a biplane for a long time and think this would be the perfect engine for a little cheap biplane. My mission is just a fun flyer to visit some of the local grass strips I can't get to in my Questair Venture. I realize one is not like the others being a single place.

I would prefer a two place but am concerned that 60 hp wouldn't be enough for the Renegade and Celebrity. I have read some good reviews on the plans for the Lil Bitts and Celebrity. Seems the Renegade is built stronger than the other two. Being in NC I like that the guy selling the Lil Bitts plans is close by compared to Canada for the other two.

They all have similar speed, and range. I like the classic lines of the Renegade and Celebrity but have visions of a mini Sampson in mind for the Lil Bitts.

Curious what other peoples opinions are who have been around some of these choices or perhaps have a better option I haven't seen. I haven't seen any of them in person except for a Fisher Classic which I image is built very similar to the Celebrity.

Latest posts

Back