• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Looking for Streamlined 4130? Checkout A.E.D. Metal Products.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just had a very good experience with High Performance Streamline - A.E.D. Motorsport Products

I purchased the smaller streamline 4130 profiles I needed for my project from them.

The sales rep, Dave Gordon, answered my email inquires in 20 mins and followed up solutions to shipping to Canada.

Their streamline tuberoller profiles tubes a hair different (about 0.02 inch shorter in major axis, similar amount wider in minor axis). They use the identical sized 4130 parent round tubes when compared to what you see in Spruce’s Catalog.

I asked Dave if it was ok to post his reply to my questions and he said yes, please share;

We order a great deal from Webco, as well as some other suppliers that could be Webco, Plymouth, Benteler, Poppe+Potthoff and Transmesa (the last 3 are European).
We can supply certs for the round tubes at an additional charge for $15.00 per line item.
I hope that covers all the questions.
Best \ Dave

My 4130 tubes came from Plymouth and Webco.
They cut my materials to lengths I asked for at no additional charge, which also shrunk the shipping packaging.

I searched my emails and can’t find if they require minimum lengths, but Dave was happy to work with my requirements and see if they had any off cuts that would fill the order.

From when I placed my order to product received was 4 days using FedEx International economy.

A nice experience, and great prices overall.

Oh, forgot to mention they don’t sell larger profiles. Just the Cabane/Slave strut sizes. Check out Univair for “I” strut sizes and larger.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back